Having damaged teeth can affect your self-esteem. It could lead to embarrassment and shyness, especially when conversing with other people and speaking in public. It can also make it more difficult for you to eat your favorite foods. Cosmetic dentistry can help repair damaged teeth safely and in a variety of ways. Dental implants and veneers are two solutions to repair broken teeth and bring back your confidence and beautiful smile.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots fabricated to secure artificial replacement teeth. Dental implants are very durable and robust and can last many years because the titanium material fuses with the jawbone. The implants will be almost identical to the appearance of your natural teeth. It works best for the back teeth, but if your front teeth are severely damaged, dental implants may also be the right choice for them.
Dental implants are best for specific conditions affecting your oral health, such as missing teeth, loss of bone, or receding gums. They act as a stable anchor for artificial teeth. It can take a few visits over a period of a few months to the dentist to get dental implants done.
There are a number of reasons to get dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting the other teeth
- Resolve bite problems
- Restore chewing, digestion, and speech
- Make dentures more secure and comfortable
Veneers are thin artificial coverings placed on the front surfaces of natural teeth. It is used to correct cosmetic issues such as stained, chipped, or gapped teeth. Veneers are a great option for restoring your perfect smile in a short amount of time.
The procedure is very simple: a dental adhesive is used to apply the veneer to cover each tooth. These following are the types of veneers you can get:
- COMPOSITE OR DIRECT VENEERS THESE ARE THIN COMPOSITE MATERIALS BONDED TO THE TOOTH SURFACE AND ARE THE LEAST EXPENSIVE OPTION. THIS TYPE OF VENEER CAN BE APPLIED IN A SINGLE VISIT. THEY CAN LAST FROM ABOUT THREE TO FIVE YEARS.
- TRADITIONAL PORCELAIN OR INDIRECT VENEERS TRADITIONAL VENEERS ARE MADE UP OF VERY THIN PORCELAIN MATERIAL. IT IS FABRICATED FROM MOLDS OF YOUR TEETH AND IS DESIGNED TO MATCH THE COLOR AND SHAPE OF YOUR NATURAL TEETH. THIS IS USUALLY THE MOST EXPENSIVE, ALTHOUGH THEY CAN LAST ABOUT FIVE TO TEN YEARS. THEY MAY REQUIRE REGULAR DENTAL VISITS FOR CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE.
- LUMINEER PORCELAIN VENEERS THESE ARE QUITE SIMILAR TO TRADITIONAL PORCELAIN VENEERS WITH REGARD TO THE MATERIAL AND DURABILITY BUT ARE THINNER AND EASIER TO REPLACE.
The procedure of getting veneers requires only an average of three dental visits. They last for a long time but are vulnerable to damage similar to that of natural teeth.
Veneers are primarily for enhancing your smile and benefit your appearance and not for teeth with severe damage or completely missing teeth. Having veneers can dramatically improve the shape of the teeth as well as its appearance and health. Dental implants replace severely damaged or missing teeth. Dental implants are a practical solution, especially if multiple teeth are damaged and need replacement or if you have gaps due to missing teeth.
Dental implants and veneers serve different purposes and provide different benefits. Deciding on which procedure you should get must be based on your situation and the severity of the damage of your teeth. Talk to a dentist about which option suits you best.
Dental Implants and Veneers in Nevada
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, the staff at Dedicated Dental are the experts. We provide the best cosmetic dentistry procedures for damaged teeth. We believe in comprehensive care and treatment to help you get that picture-perfect smile.